Outer Cape Bike Shuttle
CCRTA provides a Bike Shuttle service
on outer Cape seven days a week from July 3 through September 6, 2015.
Cape Cod National Seashore(CCNS) offers forty miles of pristine sandy beaches, marshes, ponds, and uplands that support diverse wildlife species, lighthouses, cultural landscapes, and wild cranberry bogs that can all be seen by bicycle. Please visit the National Seashore website at http://www.nps.gov/caco.
The Bike Shuttle service starts on July 3, 2015.
- The Bike Shuttle provides service every 1.5 hours seven days/week.
- The shuttle runs between the Cape Cod Rail Trail (South Wellfleet) and MacMillan Pier in Provincetown, stopping at town centers and National Seashore destinations along the way.
- The shuttle provides room for 12 riders and their bicycles.
- Riders are responsible for loading and unloading bicycles to and from the trailer.
- Bike Policy
- Map of this route
|MacMillan Pier||Flex Bus Stop||9:00||10:30||12:00||1:30||3:00||
|Provincetown Inn||Around the Circle||9:05||10:35||12:05||1:35||3:05||4:35|
|Province Lands Road||(Flag Stops)|
|Province Lands Visitor Center||Parking Lot||9:15||10:45||12:15||1:45||3:15||4:45|
|Race Point Rd./Beech Forest||Parking Lot||9:20||10:50||12:20||1:50||3:20||4:50|
|Head Of The Meadow Beach||Rest Room Stop||9:35||11:05||12:35||2:05||3:35||5:05|
|Highland Road @ Rte. 6||Flex Bus Stop||9:40||11:10||12:40||2:10||3:40||5:10|
|Cobb Library/Truro Center Rd||Flex Bus Stop||9:50||11:20||12:50||2:20||3:50||5:20|
|Wellfleet Center - Bank St||Flex Bus Stop||10:05||11:35||1:05||2:35||4:05||5:35|
|Marconi Beach Road||Bus Stop||10:15||11:45||1:15||2:45||4:15||
|Marconi Beach Road||Bus Stop||9:00||10:30||12:00||1:30||3:00||4:30|
|South Wellfleet Visitor Center||Visitor Center||9:05||10:35||12:05||1:35||3:05||4:35|
|Wellfleet Center - Bank St||Flex Bus Stop||9:10||10:40||12:10||1:40||3:10||4:40|
|Cobb Library/Truro Center Rd||Flex Bus Stop||9:25||10:55||12:25||1:55||3:25||4:55|
|Highland Road @ Rte. 6||Flex Bus Stop||9:35||11:05||12:35||2:05||3:35||5:05|
|Head Of The Meadow Beach||Rest Room Stop||9:40||11:10||12:40||2:10||3:40||5:10|
|Race Point Rd./Beech Forest||Parking Lot||9:55||11:25||12:55||2:25||3:55||5:25|
|Province Lands Visitor Center||Parking Lot||10:00||11:30||1:00||2:30||4:00||5:30|
|Province Lands Road||(Flag Stops)|
|Provincetown Inn||Around the Circle||10:10||11:40||1:10||2:40||4:10||5:40|
|MacMillan Pier||Flex Bus Stop||10:15||11:45||1:15||2:45||4:15||5:45|
- The Passenger is required to remove all items from the bike that may fall off during the trip on the bike rack.
- The bus Operator is responsible for lowering the bike rack.
- The passenger is required to lift the bike onto the rails and place the bike where indicated.
- The passenger is required to pull the telescoping hook up and over the front wheel of the bicycle.
- The passenger is required to pull the telescoping hook down and remove the bike from the rack.
- The bus Operator is responsible for raising the rack back to its original position.
The bus Operator can offer instruction regarding procedures, but is not permitted to physically assist in the loading, securement, or the unloading of the bicycle.
- Only single seat two- wheel bicycles will fit on the bike racks.
- No bike may be longer than sixty inches or have wheels taller than thirty inches. The bike rack is not equipped to handle either undersized or oversized bikes.
- The CCRTA and associated personnel are not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to any bicycle or related equipment while on the CCRTA vehicles.
There is limited bike space available. The transporting of bicycles is not permitted within the interior of CCRTA vehicles.
Inquiry's regarding this policy may be addressed by calling the CCRTA at 1-800-352-7155.
Click here to download a PDF file on Bicycle Safety Training.