Outer Cape Bike Shuttle
CCRTA provides a Bike Shuttle service
on outer Cape seven days a week.
Cape Cod National Seashore(CCNS) offers forty miles of pristine sandy beaches, marshes, ponds, and uplands that support diverse wildlife species, lighthouses, cultural landscapes, and wild cranberry bogs that can all be seen by bicycle. Please visit the National Seashore website at http://www.nps.gov/caco.
The Bike Shuttle service starts on July 4, 2013.
- The Bike Shuttle provides service every 1.5 hours seven days a week, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:45 p.m
- The shuttle provides room for 12 bicycles and riders.
- Riders are responsible for loading bicycles on the trailers.
- Bike beyond the Rail Trail to village centers in Wellfleet, Truro, and Provincetown, and trails in the Cape Cod National Seashore (CCNS).
- Bike Policy
- Map of this route
- Download a PDF file of the schedule for the Bike Shuttle
|Province Land Road||10:10||11:40||1:10||2:40||4:10||5:40|
|Province Lands Visitor Center||10:15||11:45||1:15||2:45||4:15||5:45|
|Race Point Rd./Beech Forest||10:20||11:50||1:20||2:50||4:20||5:50|
|Head Of The Meadow Beach||10:35||12:05||1:35||3:05||4:35||5:05|
|Highland Road @ Rte. 6||10:40||12:10||1:40||3:10||4:40||5:10|
|Jam's Store/Truro Center Rd||10:50||12:20||1:50||3:20||4:50||5:20|
|Wellfleet Center - Bank St||11:05||12:35||2:05||3:35||4:05||5:35|
|LeCount Hollow Road||11:10||12:40||2:10||3:40||4:10||5:40|
|Marconi Beach Road||11:15||12:45||2:15||3:45||4:15||
|Marconi Beach Road||10:00||11:30||1:00||2:30||
|LeCount Hollow Road||10:05||11:35||1:05||2:35||4:05||5:35|
|Wellfleet Center - Bank St||10:10||11:40||1:10||2:40||4:10||5:40|
|Jam's Store/Truro Center Rd||10:25||11:55||1:25||2:55||4:25||5:55|
|Highland Road @ Rte. 6||10:35||12:05||1:35||3:05||4:35||6:05|
|Head Of The Meadow Beach||10:45||12:15||1:45||3:15||4:45||6:15|
|Race Point Rd./Beech Forest||10:55||12:25||1:55||3:25||4:55||6:25|
|Province Lands Visitor Center||11:00||12:30||2:00||3:30||5:00||6:30|
|Province Land Road||11:05||12:35||2:05||3:35||5:05||6:35|
- The Passenger is required to remove all items from the bike that may fall off during the trip on the bike rack.
- The bus Operator is responsible for lowering the bike rack.
- The passenger is required to lift the bike onto the rails and place the bike where indicated.
- The passenger is required to pull the telescoping hook up and over the front wheel of the bicycle.
- The passenger is required to pull the telescoping hook down and remove the bike from the rack.
- The bus Operator is responsible for raising the rack back to its original position.
The bus Operator can offer instruction regarding procedures, but is not permitted to physically assist in the loading, securement, or the unloading of the bicycle.
- Only single seat two- wheel bicycles will fit on the bike racks.
- No bike may be longer than sixty inches or have wheels taller than thirty inches. The bike rack is not equipped to handle either undersized or oversized bikes.
- The CCRTA and associated personnel are not responsible for any loss, theft, or damage to any bicycle or related equipment while on the CCRTA vehicles.
There is limited bike space available. The transporting of bicycles is not permitted within the interior of CCRTA vehicles.
Inquiry's regarding this policy may be addressed by calling the CCRTA at 1-800-352-7155.
Click here to download a PDF file on Bicycle Safety Training.