Dial-A-Ride Transportation (DART) Service
The Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority provides a daily general public demand response service called Dial-A-Ride Transportation (DART - formerly b-bus) that is a door-to-door, ride by appointment transportation service. This service is available to all Cape Cod residents and visitors for any purpose. DART service is available Monday through Saturday in all 15 Cape towns with limited service on Sunday. For available times in your town, please call our customer service team toll free at 800-352-7155 Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM. The DART does not run on New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Presidents' Day, Patriots' Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Columbus Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Dial-A-Ride Transportation (DART) Passenger Procedures & Requirements
- Before calling, please have your travel information, including the full and exact address of your destination.
- Travel reservations can be made anytime between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday by dialing the CCRTA Call Center, toll free at (800) 352-7155.
- Same day changes and reservations are not permitted
- Tuesday through Saturday reservations must be made by 12:00 p.m. the day before you intend to travel.
- Reservations for Sunday and Monday (also Tuesday if Monday is a holiday) must be made by 5:00 p.m. the Friday before you intend to travel.
- Do not wait to make your reservations! For your convenience, reservations can be made up to one month in advance.
- If your travel plans change, please call the CCRTA Call Center as soon as possible to cancel your ride. The CCRTA Call Center telephone answering service is available 24 hours a day 7 days a week at 800-352-7155.
- If the DART bus comes to your home to pick you up and you are not ready to travel, or you cancel your ride at the door, you will be considered a No-Show, and your return trip will automatically be cancelled, unless otherwise requested.
- Please click here for No-Show Policy. It is important to understand that repeated No-Shows may result in the loss of your riding privileges.
- Passengers who have an appointment are required to be ready for pick-up approximately one to one and a half hours before the requested delivery time.
- Passengers may be asked to move to another seat to accommodate a disabled passenger.
- Drivers will assist you to and from the first floor outside door of your house or apartment complex, but are not permitted to enter your house or apartment. The driver will remind the passengers at the door to bring their fare and that exact fare is required if they are not an agency pay.
- Please Note: Drivers are required to stay within sight of their vehicle at all times.
- All wheelchair passengers must make sure that their pick-up and drop-off locations are wheelchair accessible. Our drivers cannot maneuver steps or other non-accessible locations.
- Child Passenger Restraints: Infants and small children must sit in federally approved child passenger restraints until they are at least eight years old or are at least fifty-seven inches tall.
- Children at least eight years old or at least fifty-seven inches tall must wear safety belts. The safety belts must be used correctly. You can be fined $25 for breaking this law.
- The child restraint must have a sticker that says it meets the necessary standards (U.S. Department of Transportationís Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 213 or the standards in 49 C.F.R. 571.213). The restraint must be permanently attached to a motor vehicle or attached by a safety belt or an attachment system.
- Passengers are required to have exact fare, as drivers can not make change.
- Adults and Youth fare is $3.00 per ride
- Seniors and people with disabilities fare is $1.50 per ride
- Children five and younger, accompanied by an adult, ride free
- DART Passes (20 rides for the price of 15) are available from the driver and can be purchased in the form of check, cash, or money order.
- Adults and Youth DART pass costs $45.00
- Seniors and people with disabilities DART pass costs $22.50
- CCRTA is NOT responsible for lost or damaged passes.
- For your safety, please fasten your seat belt, while riding on the CCRTA buses.
- Eating, drinking, smoking, using devices with audible external speakers, disruptive behavior towards drivers and/or other passengers, or damaging CCRTA buses/property are all prohibited and may result in loss of ridership privileges.